Thursday, June 28, 2012

School: You Chose to Correct Her

“Actually, it’s pronounce Gary,” you say in response to the teacher. The entire class chuckles.

“Very funny, I’ve mispronounced many names, but ‘Josh,’ I know how to pronounce,” she says. You try to persist, but she refuses to listen and sends you to the principals office. The kids cheer as you leave.

You enter the principal’s office and he’s on the phone, so you wait.

“Yes, I need you to send the files here right away,” he says on the phone. “No not in a week, I need them now or I will take my business elsewhere…Thank you, now goodbye I have a student…I love you too, mom.”

He asks you about the situation and you tell him what happened.

“So is your name really pronounced ‘Gary?’” He asks.


Links back to the source:

Awesome Links:



No comments:

Post a Comment